Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Soup I Sent & More on My Partner.

My partner received her beads! So now to share with you what I sent.
A “snakeskin” focal and matching beads. (Made by me using a tutorial by artist Lauri Copeland.... please check her out here... http://wildfire-designs.com/  
A handmade recycled aluminum clasp w/ vintage patina.
Recycled sari silk ( Mudhound Studios’s)
Vintage glass & silver beads, dragon vein agate, yellow jade, silver spacers.
An extra little surprise of recycled computer parts and metals.



I’m thrilled to be paired this time with artist Stephanie Weiss. She married  her college sweetheart 9 years ago.  They have an amazing 7 yr old daughter. A bit of mom gushing J Stephanie works from home teaching recruiters how to find candidates online using free tools such as Google, Bing, Facebook, etc. She is also a huge Texas Aggie fan.
She has been making jewelry for 2 years now. I really like her work and I am dying to see what she does with the soup I sent. I also had great fun reading the posts on her new blog. I especially like the trips to the hardware store and cool finds she shares. Here is a link to her blog … http://uniquelymebwd.blogspot.com/

Here are a few pics of Stephanies work.




An extra little note: She got her start learning wire wrapping from her mother Kimberly Sciaraffa Berlin. An incredibly talented artist and author of the book Build Your Own Wire Pendants. Everywhere I look the book is getting rave reviews! So funny my daughter sent me a link to the book a few days before Lori matched partners. Check out the book here… http://www.amazon.com/Build-Your-Own-Wire-Pendants/dp/0871164566 
Her mother will be teaching at Bead & Button this year in Milwaukee. Since I live close by we are going to try and meet up for coffee or something…how cool is that! J

No comments:

Post a Comment