Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Working for the Weekend!

I got some gorgeous sari silks a few days ago. From Mudhound Studio on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/jmozart?ref=seller_info
This is the first time I have ever used it…but I am in love. They are such beautiful colors. Have a nice soft sheen and I love that wonderful tattered look.
I made a few bangle bracelets made with recycled copper wire, silk, and some of my lampwork beads…If you would like one …just leave a comment.

On the home front: My daughter is out of school for the summer. We have been having a great time…working on projects, trying some new recipes and working in the garden together. We have also gotten out our old telescope and have been spending quite a bit of time with that.
The family did manage to get a garden dug. It’s fairly nice sized 12’ x 6’ and a nice 8’ round herb garden…and of course I’m mulching right in the garden…no compost pile or weeding for me!
This year we are using a little more of the intensive gardening and mixing plants together. I planted sunflowers with pole beans around them. The idea that the sunflowers grow fast and make a nice trellis for the beans to climb. We planted beets and carrots in between the zucchini and tomatoes. I made short tepees from sticks which I planted snow peas around and in the center planted some lettuce and bok choy. They are both cool weather crops so hopefully the shade from the peas will keep them from bolting….well that’s the idea anyway. So far things are going pretty well except the chipmunks and rabbits have been nibbling some. We made some recycled yard ornaments… from computer parts of course…they have a nice flash and make a bit of noise. So run little critters run!! This weekend I am putting up chicken wire for the rabbits and I hear blood meal keeps away the chipmunks…plus it’s a great fertilizer.
My daughter and son-in-law will hopefully be able to come for a visit this weekend. It’s my youngest daughters birthday. Dexter is doing fairly well with his intensive chemo treatment…but they did make one rush to the ER since he started.
Hopefully he will be up for a cook out, cake, and a bonfire. It will be good to see them. It has been a few weeks since we saw them last. I would also love to take them all to the old outdoor theatre…none of the kids have ever been to one. Cross your fingers for good health and good weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment