Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Ides of March?

We have had just gorgeous weather here, in the mid-70s. Not at all typical for this time of year. The entire winter has been very mild and a nice change from last year snow and cold. But it's not going to last we will be back in the 40s next week.


The nice weather did fire up a bug to finish getting my seedling plants started and to make my final garden plans. I plan on adding a few trellises and lots of perennial plants such as rhubarb, asparagus, strawberries, grapevines and a couple dwarf fruit cocktail trees.

I also want to add a couple perennial flower beds and plan to put a flagstone and moss lined path behind the garage. We've been having some water problems and I'm hoping the moss will help with some of that.

I had my surgery on my shoulder the 12th it went very well and I am recovering nicely. Although I am still in quite a bit of pain and not able to do much with that shoulder or arm. The doctor did warn me that it would be really sore for 2 to 3 weeks and that it would take of couple months for all the swelling to go down. I am so looking forward to that day.
I am dying to get back to bead making and have a list of tutorials I want to try.

I did get the chance to try a tutorial by artist Sara Kay from the site lampwork etc. http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235

I love the reaction of the foil and can't wait to try it with other glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment