Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Upcyclers Monthly Challenge Reveal + 2 Recipes to share

It’s time for Etsy’s Team Upcyclers monthly challenge. This month’s item to upcycle was denim. There is already a ton of great ideas posted
For the challenge I made earrings with recycled aluminum computer parts, denim and copper.
I had so much fun working with the denim and I really like how they came out. I also liked someone’s idea for a trivet so much I made myself one. You can see it in the upper corner. :)

On the home front I taught my daughter how to make Mock Raspberry Jam using our green tomatoes from the garden. I absolutly love this recipe . You think the tomato seeds are raspberry seeds...very convincing and very delicious. It is such a great way to use up your end of season green tomatoes and you get a fairly high yield. We had 11 jars of jam from one small basket of tomatoes. My daughter made these Swedish cookies using it. They are light and crispy but a tad on the rich side.

Mock Raspberry Jam
2c. green tomatoes cut into small cubes and pureed.
1/2c. water
2c sugar
1 small pkg. raspberry jello

Place tomato cubes in blender of food processor with water and blend til smooth.
Mix ingredients in a med saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour into jelly jars store in freezer.

Rosen Munnar Cookies
1c. butter
½ c sugar
2c flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 inch cookie sheet. Cream together butter and sugar mix in flour gradually. Shape into 1 inch balls and press an indentation in the middle with your thumb. Fill the cavity with your favorite jam. Bake 10 to 15 min or until golden brown.
2-3 doz.

I hope you will give these both a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow....Gorgeous and more gorgeous, Patricia! What incredible creations....earrings, trivet, mock jam, cookies!! All picture perfect! (I have to share this post...amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....thank you Marcy...you just crack me up!
      I did have great fun with the denim and finally took care of that big pile of jeans. My hubby works with concrete and usually goes through 2-3 pairs of jeans a month.

      I hope you do try the jam it's one of my favorite upcycling recipes..lol and so easy!

      Delete
  2. Those cookies looked so good I was ready to bit the computer : )>
    I love recycling and have used it to craft, but you've turned me onto something good : 0 Yum, yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dabanga. :D I'm so sorry I missed your comment. I have to admit I'm not very computer savy and I must have turned off notices.

      I hope you enjoy it...it has become a family favorite of ours.

      Best of wishes in the New Year!

      Delete
  3. yummy! the jam and cookies look sooo good! visiting you from the etsy top treasury team :) great blog!

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saralyn,
      Thank you so much! I'm so sorry I missed your comment. I have to admit I'm not very computer savy and I must have turned off notices.

      I hope you give it a try...it has become a family favorite of ours and something we look forward to every fall.

      Best wishes to you for the New Year!
      Patty

      Delete