Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Year - Continued learning

Well here we are well into a new year, and a whole new list of resolutions...one of which is paying more attention to my blog. :-)
I have decided to continue with my year of learning...I still have many jewelry related things I want to learn, and have added some simple computer skills and taking better photos to that list. Most of my learning in 2009 was spent on lampwork glass beads which I continue to work on and plan to start selling soon.
I have been working with silvered specialty glass, and metal inclusions and really love it...the colors and striations are incredible. Here's a picture of a focal bead I'm very happy with. It has lots of silver foil that gives that sparkly mottled natural look and small colorful swirls of silver glass.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting focal, I like your lampwork and a bit envious. I have to stop myself from trying yet another skill,so for now I will just admire yours.

    ReplyDelete