Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Year of Learning

This year my New Years resolution was to learn as many new techniques as I could.
One I'm sure you know is glass bead making.
I have also been some doing metal working..cold connections, simple soldering, alot of hammering, drilling, and cutting.
Learning new wire work mainly weaving. I found some great tutorials put out by a very talented artist Remy Heath of http://www.studioheath.com/
The piece pictured here is my first woven piece using 2 of my dichroic cabs.
I also have Remy's ring tutorial but so far it has yielded lot's of cussing..this is much harder than this lady makes it look.
I have joined alot of online groups and have quite a few how to books...I will post an album somewhere soon.
I have been trying to push myself in different directions and styles..we will see what the year brings...but so far a very fun and great learning adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment